UPDATE: Washington State University’s first-ever systemwide esports tournament, Global Gauntlet, concluded on Sunday, April 10 with a team of three Cougs taking home the grand prize.
WSU is holding its first ever system-wide virtual esports tournament beginning on March 21, 2022! WSU Global Gauntlet, hosted by WSU Global Campus, will bring together three-person teams of Cougs to compete in the exciting video game Rocket League.
Each member of the winning teams will receive the following prizes:
- 1st Place: Xbox S Series Game Console
- 2nd Place: Turtle Beach Stealth Headset (for PS5, PS4, Xbox, and Switch) or Logitech G733 Lightspeed Headset (for PC and PS4)
- 3rd Place: PlayStation 5 DualSense Wireless Controller (also works on PC), Xbox Core Wireless Controller (also works on PC), or Switch Pro Controller
The competition will feature current and incoming students from all campuses and locations in the WSU system.
Registration for this event is now closed.
- Students will enter the tournament by registering in teams of three.
- While three-member teams are preferred, we will be accepting individual and duo registrations. Teams of three will be assembled from individual and duo entries.
- Team members must be students within the WSU system.
- Students from Global Campus, Pullman, Tri-Cities, Spokane, Vancouver, Everett, and all other WSU system locations are eligible to compete.
- Accepted incoming students are also eligible to compete.
- Competitors must have Rocket League accounts from Epic Games, PlayStation, Xbox, or Switch. If you need to establish an account, choose one of the following links:
- No experience is required to participate in the tournament, unranked/unplaced players are welcome.
- Upon registration, participants will provide their highest competitive rank from the most recent season in which they participated. All rankings, including unranked/unplaced, will be factored into the initial tournament matchmaking.
- Competitor accounts must be in good standing with Psyonix and/or Epic Games and not banned or limited from participating in competitive events.
- All administrator decisions are final.