Joining a Global Connections event is easy, and you can do it from anywhere you have an internet connection.
When there is an event you want to attend, register for it at Global Connections and you’ll receive a confirmation email with the URL address of the virtual space where the event will be held. At the day and time of the event, simply select the link to join!
Camera use is optional for all events, and everyone is welcome to use the chat function to interact with the speaker and other participants throughout.
Of course, if you have any questions or technical difficulties please let us know at email@example.com.
Join Our Online Community
For WSU Global Campus clubs, organizations, and events, get connected on Involve. This is the center for global student engagement, the hub for all the various ways to get involved with other online Cougs.
If you need accessibility accommodations to participate in a live online event or webinar please contact the Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-335-1268. To ensure accommodations are met in a timely manner, please make your request at least two weeks prior to the event date.
WSU System Events
If you want to explore more options to connect with the Cougar Community, visit the WSU System Events Calendar to see what happening on every WSU campus. If you need assistance traveling to an on-campus event, read more about our Travel Grant below!
- A live broadcast of an event over the internet
- Sign-in to YouTube with a Gmail account to use the chatbox
- On YouTube
- An online seminar
- No special sign-in required to chat
- Camera-use optional
- Sign-in using your WSU email
- On Zoom
After registering for an event you receive a link
Select the link on the day and time of the scheduled event
You can visit the Global Connections calendar to register for online events at connections.wsu.edu/calendar
If you are interested in attending an in-person event on a WSU Campus, Global Connections has a travel grant to help pay for the costs.
The Global Connections travel grant can make traveling to live events more accessible.
WSU Global Campus’ student involvement travel grant is funded by global campus student services and activities fees in order to financial assist students with their travel to attend WSU in-person events at any of the 5 WSU campuses (Pullman, Spokane, Tri-Cities, Vancouver, Everett).
Students can apply for the travel grant to be reimbursed for registration fees and travel expenses associated with the event. Types of events that may be attended are: BAP Case Competition, Meet the Firms, SURCA, Pacific Northwest Leadership Conference, and various other events held on each campus. Not all on-campus events are eligible for travel grant reimbursement. To find out if the event you want to attend can be covered, please reach out to Andria Donnenwerth at email@example.com.
All expenses (plane, train, bus tickets, lodging, meals, registration fees, parking fees, etc.) will be reimbursed to you after travel has been completed. For those that live less than 50 miles from event, only mileage will be reimbursed. Please keep all pertinent receipts from travel to qualify for reimbursement. Maximum reimbursement is up to $250.
Qualification for grant requires the following:
- Applying student must be a Global Campus Services & Activities (S&A) fee payer. Students enrolled in Electric Power Engineering Online Program (PSM), OMBA, and EMBA programs do not pay GC S&A fees and are not eligible (reimbursements are made possible through S&A fees).
- Provide current proof of enrollment in a total of six or more credits during the semester the reimbursement is requested for. For proof of enrollment, please use either your unofficial transcript or a screen capture of your myWSU course schedule showing your name and current credit hours.
- All travel requests must be completed one month prior to the event date to be considered for reimbursement.
- Students can only receive one grant per academic school year.
How to Apply:
Complete this form 30 days prior to traveling. Fill out all fields to the best of your ability, including estimated expense totals. For questions and assistance, contact Andria Donnenwerth at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your submission is received, we will review and then contact you with the approved financial assistance amount and any additional questions or information.