The Cougar Leadership Program (CLP) is a six-week program designed for Global students to develop leadership among self, with others, and to learn about societal impacts. Virtual featured workshops will be held Tuesday evenings from 5:30 p.m.–6:30 p.m., with the opportunity to catch the recorded sessions due to schedule conflicts. Students will receive Coug swag and earn a certificate of program completion.
Tier 1 is centered around self development and personal growth, learning about a wide variety of topics that promote leadership skills and general professional skills. Weekly commitment 1.5-2 hours
Tier 2 is centered around personal values and involvement with your local community. Students will participate in community outreach in their area and share self reflections with their program peers. Weekly commitment 2.5-3 hours
Students must be a Global Campus Services & Activities (S&A) fee payer and currently enrolled in WSU Global Campus. Students enrolled in Electric Power Engineering Online Program (PSM), OMBA, and EMBA programs do not pay GC S&A fees and are not eligible.
Tier 1 Fall 2022 class schedule
- Oct 4 – Orientation/Overview of Social Change Model
- Oct 11 – Motivation and Commitment to Growth of People
- Oct 18– Effective Communication/Online Communication
- Oct 25 – Growth Mindset/Working through Challenges
- Nov 1 – Leadership Types and Strategies
- Nov 8 – Leadership to Profession/WSU Career tools
Registration open July 1-September 30th, 2022
Tier 1 Spring 2022 class schedule
- Jan 31 – Orientation/Overview of Social Change Model
- Feb 07 – Motivation and Commitment to Growth of People
- Feb 14– Effective Communication/Online Communication etc..
- Feb 21–Growth Mindset/Working through Challenges
- Feb 28 – Leadership Types and Strategies
- March 7 – Leadership to Profession/WSU Career tools
Registration will be open Nov 1-Jan 27, 2023
Tier 2 Spring 2023 Class Schedule
- March 21 – Intro & workshop about finding/identifying your passion
- March 28 – How to let your passion drive your engagement in community
- April 04– Entrepreneurship – putting your passion to work for you
- April 11 – Workshop to develop a plan of action/next steps
Registration will be open January 1- March 17th, 2023.
What Global Cougs are Saying About the Cougar Leadership Program
Excellent. Learned so much and made great connections!
11/10, would highly recommend! In all seriousness, one of the best programs I’ve been in. The presenters were amazing, and all of us students meshed really well. Every Tuesday night was like a therapy session in a way, you got to learn more about yourself, grow, and have SO much fun with your peers. Every night we met I exited Zoom feeling inspired and refreshed in a way that I haven’t felt in ages. I was able to connect with two of our speakers personally, one of which I owe a coffee date in Pullman, and the other I owe thanks to possibly helping me finally figure out my ideal career path! If I could take this program over and over again, or join others like it, I would in a heartbeat. Absolutely incredible work, Ashley and team!! Thank you SO much for giving us this opportunity!
Informative and relevant to the current state of affairs; impacting internal and external factors within organizations throughout the globe.