Systemwide MLK Service Project
Tuesday, January 18th
12:30 – 1:30 p.m. (PT)
“Everybody can be great because everybody can serve. ”― Martin Luther King Jr.
MLK day is the only national holiday meant to be observed by giving back to your community. Join WSU students, faculty, staff, and alumni, as we come together (in-person at each campus and on Zoom) to create cards for community partners across the nation—community partners such as local hospitals, teen shelters, assisted living homes, etc. Below are the campus locations:
- Everett – Room 101 (Benefitting Full Life Care)
- Global – Zoom (Benefitting various partners/Bishop Place Senior Living)
- Pullman – Butch’s Den, lower level of the CUB (Benefitting Bishop Place Senior Living)
- Spokane – Student Diversity Center, SAC 105 (Benefitting Girls on the Run)
- Tri-Cities – MOSAIC Center for Student Inclusion in Floyd 140 (Benefitting Safe Harbor Support Center)
- Vancouver – VFSC 101, 103 and 105 (Benefitting Legacy Salmon Creek Medical Center)
Virtual participants can choose to mail their homemade cards back to us to give to a certain community partner, or they can identify their own.
With special thanks to the following partners: Center for Civic Engagement (CCE), Graduate and Professional Student Association (GPSA), WSU Tri-Cities MOSAIC Center for Student Inclusion, Associated Students of WSU Vancouver, WSU Everett Student Ambassadors, WSU Alumni Association, WSU Spokane Student Diversity and International Student Life