Friday, January 20
“Everybody can be great because everybody can serve. ”— Martin Luther King Jr.
MLK day is the only national holiday meant to be observed by giving back to your community. Join WSU students, faculty, staff, and alumni, as we come together (in-person at each campus and on Zoom) to create cards for community partners across the nation—community partners such as local hospitals, teen shelters, assisted living homes, etc. Below are the campus locations:
- Everett – Room 102 (Benefitting Providence Everett)
- Global – Global Connections, Zoom (Benefitting various partners)
- Pullman – SJPE, CUB 204 (Benefitting Bishop Place)
- Spokane – ELC, Diversity Center (Benefitting Tough As Nails)
- Tri-Cities – MOSAIC Center for Student Inclusion and ASWSUTC, in SUB Lounge (My Friend’s Place- A local shelter for teens)
- Vancouver – OSI and CILA, VDEN 129 and 130 (Benefitting The Perch)
Global Campus students must register by January 12th to receive free materials. Virtual participants can choose to mail their homemade cards back to us to give to a certain community partner, or they can identify their own.